In this article Will guide you on Downloading and Installing the osu! App for Mac.
What is osu! ?
OSU! It is a rhythm game and was initially released for Microsoft Windows on September 16, 2007. The game is highly engaging, fun, and addictive. Microsoft and mobile users were the target audience for the game’s design. Fortunately, Mac users now have access to a version of the app that is available for everyone. The Mac version of the app allows users to enjoy the game and carry out all the spinning, holding, sliding, and tapping actions right on their MacBook.
osu! is a simulator of the popular Nintendo DS series Osu! osu! The gameplay is based on a variety of popular commercial rhythm games. While keeping some authentic elements, osu! adds huge customization via skins/beatmaps/storyboarding, online rankings, and multiplayer, and boasts a community with over 500,000 active users.
Some users have complained that the macOS version of the game doesn’t boot or doesn’t start at all. Due to this, it is possible to get the app to work on Mac without any issues. Follow these steps:
How to Download osu! for Mac
- Visit here to Download the app in .zip format.
- Unzip it using a file extractor to access the app folder.
- Right-click on the folder and choose “Open”. If you double left-click, the app might not open like a regular Mac app. But when you right-click and select open the app will run automatically.
- The app will be directly installed to osu!.app. When you move osu!.app, all the folders in it will be moved along with it. If you want to view the content in a package, right-click and click on “Show Package Contents”.
- After completing the installer, the game will start immediately.
- You will get a prompt to register an account or sign in to your account.
How to get osu on Mac (Alternative Method)
- To make things easier, you can Download osu! for Mac using an emulator.
- Download BlueStacks Emulator from the official website and install it.
- Launch BlueStacks and log into your Google account.
- Open Google Play Store and search for the “Osu! app”.
- Click on the top search result and install the app.
- After the app has successfully installed, you can launch it from the home screen of BlueStacks.